Monday, June 1, 2009

Milner replaces injured Carrick

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick will miss England's World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Andorra due to a foot injury. Carrick has been replaced in Fabio Capello's squad by Aston Villa's James Milner. The 27-year-old had earlier spoken of his desire to build on a fine season with United to ensure his place in England's squad should they reach next summer's World Cup finals in South Africa. He told The People: "I'd say this has been my best season since I came to United, definitely. Moving to United has improved my game no end. "It's great to be back in the England squad. I never let it affect me or my game when I wasn't being picked, even though I love playing for my country. "The World Cup next year will be a massive thing to be part of and it would be great if I made the squad. "I just want to keep improving and hopefully that will be enough to keep me in the picture for England."

No comments:

Post a Comment