Monday, June 1, 2009

Striker seeks City extension

Star striker Ross McCormack is looking to extend his contract with Cardiff City following a fine first season at Ninian Park. The 22-year-old Scotland international netted 23 goals in 44 appearances for the Bluebirds, helping the club come within a whisker of reaching the Championship play-offs. McCormack told the South Wales Echo: "I'm speaking to them just now about putting another two years on my deal, which will mean a four-year contract. "We're trying to iron out a few things and we will see what happens. "I'm still only 22, so I've got a lot of time to move on up the divisions and go to as high a level as I can. "However, everyone in my shoes will be the same, if they get the chance to go to the Premier League, they would snap at it."

No comments:

Post a Comment